Monday, June 20, 2016

A new find and Ice Cream


Well, I haven't quit but I did get side tracked, I went to my 50 year class reunion and did well.  But for some reason the day after while a old class mate and I went for lunch at a seafood restaurant I decided to get fried fish which of course comes with coleslaw and fries.  Thinking the whole time I can do this.  The start of  what could have been the end of my healthy eating journey.  This was not a conscious thought just an old habit sneaking in.  I have lost 15 lbs. and do not want to gain them back, in fact today's goal is to lose 15 more by by August 8 2016, which is 6 weeks equaling 2 lbs a week and that is doable.  Not many seem too interested in my sharing of  sugar free recipes so this will be the last one posted. But on August 8 I will post that I reached my second  goal  for my own benefit.  

This is so delicious I just had to share it.  It will be used at my 4th of July picnic for those who don't eat refined sugar.  The only sugar is what is in naturally  the fruit.  It is simply:
I banana
1/2 cup of strawberries

slice and put on lined cookie sheet and freeze
when frozen put in blender and blend.
eazy peezy!




I only have a small blender and it kept sticking to top and I had to scrap it off.
but was frozen just like ice cream




 This consistency is like soft serve ice cream and can still be up in a cone.
I just added about a tablespoon of skim milk and blended. It made about 4 servings.




Now, I found this site which allows you to figure up all the information of any recipe you might want to make yourself, I have found it very helpful in making up my own dishes.  The below is a sample of information you will receive when entering your recipe.  And it is free.

this is not the ice cream, just  random figures

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 

g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
Calories from Fat

% Daily Value*
Total Fat
0.
1%
Cholesterol
0mg
0%
Sodium
mg
0%
Potassium
mg
14%
Total Carbohydrates
g
10%
Dietary Fiber
g
15%
Sugars
g
Protein
g
Vitamin A 2%Vitamin C 52%
Calcium 1%Iron 3%
Nutrition Grade A
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points
Bad points

  • Very high in sugar                                                                                                                                             

                                                                                                                                                                 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your current weight loss, that is wonderful. ONE treat shouldn't be too bad and your are so focused on your goal...I suspect you are just fine.

    Thanks for sharing this recipe, it looks delicious. And thanks for the website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those darn temptations....good for you for moving forward...good quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Terrific weight loss. I think it takes real dedication to prepare recipes for this type of diet. For me, if I am dieting it usually is based on salads which I can't get enough of. Congratulations, not on your diet, but you new way of eating.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your weight loss so far and for making great changes. I admire you! I hope that you can achieve your goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing so well - and having the occasional little bit of 'indulgence ' isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's when you don't have the willpower to go back to healthy eating that it ends up being a problem. I love putting all sorts of frozen fruits into the blender - yum. We also have a juicer and it's amazing what goodness can come from that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your healthy eating and weight loss. I am just starting my adventure and I am excited to have your fruit recipe. It looks so yummy and I will sure help when I need a treat. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh...love the strawberry ice cream sitting atop that pretty quilt. Good on you for losing all that weight....it is nearly impossible to do as one gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tonia I'm thrilled to have this recipe - I've had to get out of WW because, frankly, the cost is just too much right now. And sadly I've gained about 5 pounds back of the 13 I'd lost. But I'm plodding along trying to do what I can just for my own good health. So anytime you have a good recipe please e-mail me - I'll love it! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you on the weight loss! I've been bad this week but will hop right back on the wagon when we get home tomorrow. A little indulgence can make it easier to be good, I think, if you are vigilant about it only being a little! Thanks for the recipe - it sounds like a winner, although I may try it with mangoes or peaches because we aren't that fond of strawberries around my house. And I've got LOTS of peaches this year, thanks to The Peach Truck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quote. It's so right. Congratulations! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks good. I'm not a fan of ice cream but that looks like it would be good to eat just like pudding.

    ReplyDelete